Learn about our current opportunities and how to apply.
We have a wonderful team of dedicated individuals who love to help people see and look great! We are seeking an individual with good people and organizational skills to join our professional optometric practice. If you enjoy customer service, have computer competency and love to learn, we may have the workplace for you. Full Time, M-F, 1-2 years of medical office or optical experience preferred, but not required.
To apply, forward your resume and references to email@example.com
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Eager and able to learn
- Professional attitude and appearance
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency
- General math skills
- Ability to multitask
Primary- Clinical Area
- work-up patients before they are seen by the doctor
- perform diagnostic and specialty testing, such as, OCT, visual fields, retinal photography
- schedule follow-up appointments
- instruct patients on treatments and medications prescribed by the doctor
- past experience with OfficeMate/ExamWriter is preferred but not required.
Secondary- Assist with Front Desk
- patient reception and checkout
- patient scheduling
- various clerical tasks
Assist in Optical
- eyeglass frame adjustment and repair
- dispensing glasses to patients
- frame styling
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Vision Source-Dr. Michael Blackburn
We are a well-established and respected professional optometric practice in the Inverness area of North Shelby County. Our doctor and staff all have extensive experience in caring for patients of all ages. We stay on the cutting edge of technology. We love to educate our patients about the best fashion eyewear options, new contact lens technologies, their eye health, as well as the wide range of ocular diseases we treat. Everyone in the office works together as a team to deliver excellent care to each patient as an individual, no matter what that requires. We believe what’s good for the patient is good for the practice.